My main challenges are listed below:
- Installing and maintaining the Linux network workstation calculations that require days or weeks to complete, and these resources are utilized nearly 365 days a year by our computationally-oriented group
- Installing and maintaining two files server on Ubuntu
- Maintaining a cluster on CentOS
- Setting up the group web site with Silva and then with CQ5
- Developing different web sites with CakePHP and WordPress
- Providing IT support for Professors, collaborators and students
In recent years, I have spent a lot of free time working with the embedded system such as Arduino and Adafruit. My first project was to develop a tracking system to avoid disappearance, especially people with reduced mobility. Since the summer of 2017, I have dedicated myself entirely to deploy solutions with Internet of Things (IoT), to control, monitor and manage objects, in order to collect data in real time. My main exercises are to gain experience with Raspberry, Arduino, Adafruit to implement solutions with LoRaWAN (Long Range Radio Wide Area Network). I have succeeded in two projects, the first to monitor the water cotent of crop soils and the second to monitor the temperature of emerging buds during spring frost.
This activity aims to develop a personal experience and new skills as a hobby.