Since 11 years, I have been working as a web developper and an IT technician. I mainly maintained web interfaces and provided IT support for students, collaborators and professors for seven different laboratories, at EPFL and ETHZ.
My main challenges are listed below:
- Installing and maintaining the Linux network workstation calculations that require days or weeks to complete, and these resources are utilized nearly 365 days a year by our computationally-oriented group
- Installing and maintaining two files server on Ubuntu
- Maintaining a cluster on CentOS
- Setting up the group web site with Silva and then with CQ5
- Developing different web sites with CakePHP
- Providing IT support
Biside, I am familiarised with different development technologies such as PHP, MyQL, jQuery, C and different CMS as Typo3, MODx and CakePHP.
In recent years, I have spent a lot of free time working with the embedded system such as Arduino and Adafruit. My first project was to develop a tracking system to avoid disappearance, especially people with reduced mobility. Since the summer of 2017, I have dedicated myself entirely to deploy solutions with Internet of Things (IoT), to control, monitor and manage objects, in order to collect data in real time. My main exercises are to gain experience with Raspberry, Arduino, Adafruit and now Pycom, to implement solutions with LoRaWAN (Long Range Radio Wide Area Network). This activity aims to develop a personal experience and new skills as a hobby.