Research and teaching in the domains of Sustainable Energy Systems Analysis, as well as Risk Analysis and Management.
Manager of the "Master of Advanced Studies" (previously, "Cycle d'études postgrades") in énergy, organised by EPFL in collaboration with four other renowned European universities (ETHZ, Imperial College de Londres, Université de Laughborough et Escuela Politécnica de Madrid).
Coordinator of the EPFL Doctoral program in energy, managed by Prof. John Thome (STI).
Marital Status :
Married to Sandra Luz Triana (place of origin: Veracruz, Mexico), 2 children : Davina (1984) et Cédric (1990).
Training and academic degrees :
- Primary and secondary school at La Tour-de-Peilz (canton of Vaud).
- Ecole Technique Supérieure de Genève ; engineer diploma in electrical and nuclear engineering obtained in 1966.
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne ; engineer-physicist diploma obtained in 1972 ;
PhD degree obtained in 1980 for a thesis work on the heavy ions transport in inertial confinement fusion; various postgraduate certificates in computer science, nuclear engineering and energy.
Activities at EPFL
Research (by chronological order) :
● Physics department (today part of the SB - Basic Sciences - School)
- Neutron noise analysis ;
- Heavy ions transport in inertial confinement fusion;
- Neutron study of fusion reactor blankets;
● Civil Engineering department (today part of the ENAC Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering - School)
- Analysis and Management of Energy Systems;
- Multicriteria Decision-Aiding in the Energy Sector ;
- (Industrial and Natural) Risk Analysis and Management.
Lecturer at lEPFL since 1984 (lectures in the various domains of expertise listed above, given to the students of various sections essentially : Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Electricity, Mechanics as well as to the students of the potgraduate courses in energy, environment and risk/security).
ACTIVITIES IN ASSOC.
● Co-founder (1993), and "general secretary" for many years, of the CRETE (EPFL Research and Teaching Center for Integrated Energy Technologies).
● Founder member of the EPFL « Association du Corps Intermédiaire » (ACIDE) and its first president. At the present time, member of the committee of this association; as such, I have been involved in all the actions conducted by the ACIDE in favour of the "Corps intermédiare" (C.I.) members these last years (among the last ones: the new titles that can now be awarded to the experienced seniors of the C.I. and the "practical guide" intended to help the EPFL PhD candidates from beginning to end of their thesis work).
● Elected delegate of the C.I. to various assemblies, councils and commission/committees. At the present time: member of the School assembly and ENAC Council.
Fields of expertise
- Neutron Physics and Nuclear Reactor Physics
- Study and Analysis of sustainable Energy Systems
- Decision-Aiding Methods
- Risk Analysis and Management
|Haldi et al.
||Plus de 45 publications dans les divers domaines d'expertise mentionnés|
|Haldi Pierre-André, Sarlos Gérard, Verstraete Pierre
Presses Polytechniques et Universitaires Romandes, 2003
|"Systèmes énergétiques", Traité de Génie Civil de l'EPFL, Volume 21|
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003
|"Integrated Assessment of Sustainable Energy Systems in China, The China Energy Technology Program", A framework for Decision Support in the Electric Sector of Shandong Province|
Teaching & PhD
- Civil Engineering