Fields of expertise
My research interests include Internet of Things, Machine learning, Wearable technology, and Distributed ledger technology, as well as their applications in manufacturing and healthcare domains.
BiographyI received my Ph.D. degree in 2019 from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain. In between, I worked as a research assistant at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, Centre for Business Data Analytics (cbsBDA) in 2018. Before my Ph.D., I studied at Shandong University in Mechanical Engineering and obtained my bachelor and master degrees in 2009 and 2012 respectively.
Research Projects1) QU4LITY (EU H2020 825030): Digital Reality in Zero Defect Manufacturing (https://qu4lity-project.eu/)
2) BOOST 4.0 (EU H2020 780732): Big Data Value Spaces for COmpetitiveness of European COnnected Smart FacTories 4.0 (https://boost40.eu/)
3) Z-BRE4K (EU H2020 768869): Strategies and Predictive Maintenance models wrapped around physical systems for Zero-unexpected-Breakdowns and increased operating life of Factories (https://www.z-bre4k.eu/)
Selected Publications1. Zheng, X., Sun, S., et al. Accelerating Health Data Sharing: A Solution Based on the Internet of Things and Distributed Ledger Technologies. Journal of medical Internet research, 2019.
2. Xiaochen Zheng, Alba Viera et al. Activity classification and essential tremor evaluation using deep learning method based on acceleration data. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 2018.
3. Xiaochen Zheng, Meiqing Wang, Joaquín Ordieres-Meré. "Comparison of Data Preprocessing Approaches for Applying Deep Learning to Human Activity Recognition in the Context of Industry 4.0." Sensors, 2018.
4. Xiaochen Zheng, Alba Viera et al. “Continuous monitoring of essential tremor using a portable system based on smartwatch”, Frontiers in Neurology, 2017.
5. Xiaochen Zheng and Carlos Rodríguez-Monroy. "The development of intelligent healthcare in China." Telemedicine and e-Health, 2015.
6. Sun, Shengjing, Xiaochen Zheng, Javier Villalba-Díez, and Joaquín Ordieres-Meré. "Data Handling in Industry 4.0: Interoperability Based on Distributed Ledger Technology." Sensors 20, no. 11 (2020): 3046.
7. Sun, Shengjing, Xiaochen Zheng, Bing Gong, Jorge García Paredes, and Joaquín Ordieres-Meré. "Healthy Operator 4.0: A Human Cyber–Physical System Architecture for Smart Workplaces." Sensors 20, no. 7 (2020): 2011.
8. Shengjing Sun, Xiaochen Zheng, Javier Villalba-Díez, and Joaquín Ordieres-Meré. "Indoor Air-Quality Data-Monitoring System: Long-Term Monitoring Benefits." Sensors, 2019.
9. Villalba-Diez, Javier, Xiaochen Zheng et al. Characterization of Industry 4.0 Lean Management Problem-Solving Behavioral Patterns Using EEG Sensors and Deep Learning. Sensors, 2019.
10. Bing Gong, Xiaochen Zheng et al. Discovering the patterns of energy consumption, GDP and CO2 emissions by cluster methods in China. Energy, 2018.