Alireza Karimi received his B. Sc. and M. Sc. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 1987 and 1990 from Amir Kabir University (Tehran Polytechnic). After 3 years of industrial experience he joined Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (INPG) in France and received his DEA and Ph. D. degrees both on Automatic Control in 1994 and 1997, respectively. He was Assistant Professor at Electrical Engineering Department of Sharif University of Technology in Teheran from 1998 to 2000. He is currently a faculty member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering of EPFL. He was an Associate Editor of European Journal of Control from 2004 to 2013. His research interests include closed-loop identification, data-driven controller tuning approaches and robust control with application on mechatronic systems and electrical grids.
- Member of doctoral program in Robotics, Control and Intelligent Systems.
- Member of teaching committee of Mechanical Engineering Section.
- Adviser of Master students in Control and Mechatronics orientation.
- Coordinator of Master projects in Automatic Control Laboratory.
- Associate Editor of European Journal of Control (2004-2013).
- Member of IFAC Technical Committee on Linear Systems and Robust Control.
- Member of IEEE-CSS Technical Committee on System Identification and Adaptive Control.
- Member of Award Selection Committee of IFAC World Congress 2011.
- IPC member of several international conferences (CIFA 2006, IEEE-MED 2008, CIFA 2012, IFAC-PID 2012, IFAC-SSSC 2013, IFAC-ACE 2016, IFAC-SSSC 2016, IFAC-WC 2017).
Fields of expertise
Data-Driven Modelling and ControlTime-Domain Data-Driven Methods
Frequency-Domain Data-Driven Methods
Distributed Control of Smart Grids
Frequency-Domain Robust Controller Design ToolboxThe Toolbox can be downloaded for free from this website.
International Benchmarks- Rejection of unknown/time-varying multiple narrow band disturbances (2013)
- Design and Optimisation of Restricted Complexity Controllers (2003)
- Flexible Transmission Benchmark (1995)