BiographyDr. Christophe Moser is Associate Professor of Microengineering and Industrial Relations at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. He was the co-founder and CEO of Ondax,Inc for ten years prior to joining EPFL. During this decade, he raised $15 million from corporate and venture capital sources to fund volume production of thick holographic components in glass and develop devices enabled by these components such as tunable add-drop multiplexers for telecommunications, ultra-narrowband notch filters for low frequency Raman systems, high power semi-conductor frequency-narrowed pumps for fiber lasers, single frequency fixed and tunable lasers for sensing and femtosecond pulse compressors for micro-machining applications. Dr. Moser has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the California Institute of Technology, a minor in finance and a bachelor degree in Physics from EPFL.
He is the co-inventor of 24 patents, 14 peer reviewed scientific publications, 9 IEEE proceedings and a book chapter.
Private interests include tennis, running, ski, basketball and family excursions.
2010: Associate Professor, EPFL, faculty Science Technique Ingenieur.
2000-2010: co-founder, CEO Ondax, Inc.
1995-2000: Graduate Research Assistant, California Institute of Technology.
1993-1995: Engineering Project manager , TESA.
1988-1993: Bachelor candidate in Physics, EPFL.
1. Moser C., Havermeyer F,.Ultra-narrowband tunable laserline notch filter, Appl. Phys. B, 95 (3), pp 597-601, 2009.
2. Moser C. ,Ho L., Havermeyer F,. Self-aligned Non-dispersive External Cavity Tunable Laser, 16 (21), 16691-16696 Optics Express, 2008.
3. Steckman, GJ , Moser C. et al. Volume holographic grating wavelength stabilized laser diodes, IEEE J. Of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, (13), 672-678, 2007.
4. Buse K, Havermeyer F, Liu W., Moser C, Psaltis D. Holographic Filters , Book Chapter Photorefractive Materials and their Applications, 2005.
5. Havermeyer, F; Liu, WH; Moser, C, et al. Volume holographic grating-based continuously tunable optical filter , Opt. Eng. 43 (9), 2017-2021, 2004.
6. Moser C., Maravic I., Schupp B., Adibi A, Psaltis D, Diffraction efficiency of localized holograms in doubly doped LiNbO3 crystals, Opt. Lett. 25: (17),1243-1245, 2000.
Teaching & PhD
Doctoral Program in Electrical Engineering
Doctoral Program in Microsystems and Microelectronics
Doctoral Program in Photonics
Doctoral program in advanced manufacturing
Doctoral Program in Technology Management
Doctoral Program in Materials Science and Engineering
Doctoral Program in Biotechnology and Bioengineering