BiographyJulien is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Chair of Timber Construction, with core expertise in digital fabrication, civil engineering and sustainable building systems. His doctoral research on novel timber construction systems using the best of automation and engineered wood products was funded by the National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) Digital Fabrication. He currently focuses his research on human-centered technologies and human-machine collaborations to develop hybrid manufacturing environments for timber construction.
Doctoral Program in Civil and Environmental Engineering (EDCE)
National School of Wood Science and Timber Engineering (ENSTIB, France)
School of Business and Administration IAE (Nancy, France)
BTEC Higher National Diploma
Les Compagnons du Tour de France
- Rotational mechanical behaviour of wood-wood connections with application to double-layered folded timber-plate structure
Construction and Building Materials
DOI : 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.12.178
- Théâtre Vidy Lausanne - A Double-Layered Timber Folded Plate Structure
Journal of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures
DOI : 10.20898/j.iass.2017.194.864
- Cockroach: an open-source tool for point cloud processing in cad2022-04-09. CAADRIA 2022 POST-CARBON , Sydney, Australia , April 9-12, 2022. p. 325-334.
- Théâtre Vidy Lausanne - Ein zweischichtiges gefaltetes Flächentragwerk aus Brettsperrholz2016. S-WIN FBK Weinfelden 2016: Digitale Fertigung im Holzbau , Weinfelden, Switzerland , October 18-19, 2016. p. 9-20.
- Le pavillon en bois du Théâtre de VidyPresses Polytechniques et Universitaires Romandes (PPUR).
- Modelling Workflow for Segmented Timber Shells using Wood-wood Connections.Design Modelling Symposium Berlin, Impact : Design with all Senses, Berlin, Germany, Septembre 24, 2019.
- 3D Finite Element Model for Shear Stiffness of Wood-Wood Connections for Engineered Timber PanelsInternational Conference on Computational Methods in Wood Mechanics – from Material Properties to Timber Structures. ECCOMAS Thematic Conference., Växjö, Sweden, June 17-19, 2019.
- Simplified calculation model for interconnected timber elements using wood-wood connectionsInternational Conference on Computational Methods in Wood Mechanics – from Material Properties to Timber Structures. ECCOMAS Thematic Conference., Växjö, Sweden, June 17-19, 2019.
- Future challenges and need for research in timber engineering8th Workshop of COST Action FP1402, Basis of Structural Timber Design - from research to standards, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2018-10-25.
- How will we plan and build in 25 years and how will this process be regulated?Workshop of COST Action FP1402, Oskar von Miller Forum, Munich, Germany, 2018-09-12.
- Mechanical Characterization of Timber Structural ElementsWorld Conference on Timber Engineering, Seoul, South Korea, August 20-23, 2018.
- Supplementary material for "AR-assisted timber drilling with smart retrofitted tools"
- Dataset of the paper: "Experimental investigations on the load-carrying capacity of digitally produced wood-wood connections".
- Vibration tests on interconnected timber elements using wood-wood connections