- Solid State Physics, Engineering and Materials Science.
- Semiconductor-based technologies and devices for electronics and photonics.
- Nanosciences, micro and nano-technologies, quantum electronics and photonics, microcavities, single photon sources and detectors, physics of low dimensional devices.
- Infrared and visible lasers for optical communications and displays, light emitting diodes, photonic integrated circuits, photovoltaics, sensors.
- III-V and III-nitride wide bandgap semiconductor materials, advanced epitaxial growth and processing techniques.