My research pertains to the numerical simulation of complex physical systems with partial differential equations.
Here is some bibliometry: Google Scholar, Research Gate, PublOns, here is my most recent CV.
Ongoing research projects:
- Numerical simulation of aluminium electrolysis, collaboration with RioTinto LRF lab, Ycoorsystems SA and Jacques Rappaz (PhD students Emile Soutter and Paride Passelli).
- Free surface flows: sedimentation (with Alexandra Caboussat, HES-GE, Sébastien Boyaval, Ecole des Ponts Paris, PhD student Arwa Mrad), laser surface treatments (CTI project with EMPA), viscoelastic fluids (with Alexandra Caboussat, HES-GE, PhD student Léo Diserens).
- Adaptive finite elements, based on a posteriori error estimates, for academic and/or industrial problems (with Alexandra Caboussat, HES-GE, PhD student Dimitrios Gourzoulidis,).
Former research projects:
- Numerical Simulation of 3D impulse Waves, Swiss National Fund, http://p3.snf.ch/project-143470, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, R. Boes and W. Hager.
- Bedrock estimation of glaciers from top surface measurements, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, M. Funk.
- Multiphase and multiphysics free surface flows, CTI project with Ycoorsystem Sierre.
- Reduced basis fast and accurate simulation algorithms to new industrial applications for CAE, CTI project with Akselos PSE.
Paris 2013: Adaptive finite elements with large aspect ratio pdf
Erlangen 2015: Numerical simulation of the retreat of Alpine glaciers pdf
I am the current President of APEL.
Je représente l'EPFL dans la Commission Suisse de Maturité.
Teaching & PhD