I am teaching analysis and numerical analysis for engineers and mathematicians at bachelor and master levels.
I am developing numerical algorithms for complex free surface flows. Another topic of interest is the development of adaptive finite elements techniques, based on a posteriori error estimates (academic and/or industrial collaborations). I am also involved in the modeling of aluminum reduction cells, in collaboration with Jacques Rappaz.
Here is my team.
Here is some bibliometry: Google Scholar, Research Gate, WebOfScience.
Here is my most recent CV.
- Numerical simulation of aluminium electrolysis, collaboration with RioTinto LRF lab.
- Free surface flows: sedimentation (with Sébastien Boyaval, Ecole des Ponts Paris), laser surface treatments (CTI project with EMPA).
- Adaptive finite elements.
- Numerical Simulation of 3D impulse Waves, Swiss National Fund, http://p3.snf.ch/project-143470, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, R. Boes and W. Hager.
- Bedrock estimation of glaciers from top surface measurements, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, M. Funk.
- Multiphase and multiphysics free surface flows, Commission pour la Technique et l'Innovation, collaboration with Ycoorsystem Sierre.
- Reduced basis fast and accurate simulation algorithms to new industrial applications for CAE, Commission pour la Technique et l'Innovation, collaboration with Akselos PSE.
Paris 2013: Adaptive finite elements with large aspect ratio pdf
Erlangen 2015: Numerical simulation of the retreat of Alpine glaciers pdf
I am the current President of APEL.
Je représente l'EPFL dans la Commission Suisse de Maturité .