I am teaching analysis and numerical analysis for engineers and mathematicians at bachelor and master levels.
My research pertains to the numerical simulation of complex physical systems with partial differential equations.
Here is some bibliometry: Google Scholar, Research Gate, PublOns, here is my most recent CV.
Ongoing research projects:
- Numerical simulation of aluminium electrolysis, collaboration with RioTinto LRF lab, Ycoorsystems SA and Jacques Rappaz (PhD students Emile Soutter and Paride Passelli).
- Free surface flows: sedimentation (with Alexandra Caboussat, HES-GE, Sébastien Boyaval, Ecole des Ponts Paris, PhD student Arwa Mrad), laser surface treatments (CTI project with EMPA), viscoelastic fluids (with Alexandra Caboussat, HES-GE, PhD student Léo Diserens).
- Adaptive finite elements, based on a posteriori error estimates, for academic and/or industrial problems (PhD student Samuel Dubuis).
Former research projects:
- Numerical Simulation of 3D impulse Waves, Swiss National Fund, http://p3.snf.ch/project-143470, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, R. Boes and W. Hager.
- Bedrock estimation of glaciers from top surface measurements, collaboration with VAW ETHZ, M. Funk.
- Multiphase and multiphysics free surface flows, CTI project with Ycoorsystem Sierre.
- Reduced basis fast and accurate simulation algorithms to new industrial applications for CAE, CTI project with Akselos PSE.
Paris 2013: Adaptive finite elements with large aspect ratio pdf
Erlangen 2015: Numerical simulation of the retreat of Alpine glaciers pdf
I am the current President of APEL.
Je représente l'EPFL dans la Commission Suisse de Maturité .