Domaines de compétences
MissionRedefining innovation at the intersection of technology, culture and human perception, the EPFL ECAL Lab is the design research centre of the EPFL (Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne), located in the building of ECAL (University of Art and Design Lausanne). The lab’s creative approach, combined with scientific methodologies, has opened new perspectives in fields including health, media, museums, security and immersive environments. Projects aim to produce working prototypes as well as knowledge about adoption factors to define disruptive, yet impactful and sustainable outcomes. This work, involving designers, engineers and psychologists is developed in collaboration with companies, public institutions, foundations and universities.
Travail en cours
- Horizon Europe SWITCH project on healthy and sustainable diets, 10-million-euro budget, 20 partners. Project Innovation Manager, work package leader, in charge of three apps, for citizens, chefs and policy makers.
- Mount Resilience on natural solutions for adaptations to climate change in mountain regions, 20-million-euro budget, 50 partners. Swiss leader, demonstrator for new water management in the Alps.
- ANT, Advancing neuro-feedback in the treatment of tinnitus. Swiss National Science Foundation, in collaboration with University of Fribourg and University Hospital of Zurich. Co-applicant, brain stimulus and neurofeedback design.
- Open Books, digital installation and exhibition to engage citizens with photobooks, on show to museum visitors at PhotoElysée, Lausanne. PI, co-curator.
- Evoka, reviving digitized heritage of state libraries to reconnect citizens with collective identity related to geographical regions.
Biographie2023 – SIGGRAPH 2023, Art Papers Chair
2007 – Present EPFL ECAL Lab Founding Director
2016 – Present GAMI (Global Alliance for Media Innovation): co-founder and board member.
2016, 2019 Politecnico di Milano, Visiting Professor, School of Design
2000 – 2008 EPFL, Adjunct to the President
1994 – 2000 RTS (Swiss Radio and Television), Journalist, Producer, Reporter, News Anchor
1991 – 1994 Journal de Genève, Scientific editor
Enseignement & Phd