Maître d'enseignement et de recherche
email@example.com +41 21 693 30 38
Nationalité : swiss/russian
Ph.D., Chemical Physics, Research Centre for Technological Lasers of USSR Academy of Science, Moscow, USSR, May 1991.
Diploma in Chemical Physics, Moscow Physical Technical Institute, Moscow, USSR, 1978-1984.
1994-currently Laboratory of Molecular Chemical Physics, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. Senior research scientist.
Vibrational/electronic spectroscopy of protonated cold large biological molecules in gas-phase.
Double/triple resonance vibrational overtone spectroscopy of gas phase water up to dissociation threshold.
Double resonance laser isotope separation. Specific properties of IR MPD are employed for highly selective isotope separation on molecules, particular for carbon and silicon isotopes. The US patent # 6,653,587 has been obtained for this technology.
Single/double resonance vibrational overtone spectroscopy of polyatomic molecules cooled in a supersonic jet. Infrared Laser Assisted Photofragment Spectroscopy (IRLAPS) technique, based on infrared multiple photon dissociation (IRMPD) of molecules by CO2 laser, is employed to detect weak overtone transitions.
1992-93 Department of Chemistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA. Postdoc. Overtone spectroscopy of polyatomic molecules. IRLAPS detection technique was used for vibrational overtone spectroscopy of jet-cooled molecules.
1986-92 Research Centre for Technological Lasers of USSR Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia. Research engineer to research scientist. Ph.D. research: Infrared absorption spectroscopy of vibrationally excited jet-cooled polyatomic molecules using an original infrared photo-dissociation technique.
1990-91 Asteroid LTD. Head of research division Lasers and applications. The first soviet commercial high rep. rate, high energy excimer laser has been developed, built and sold.
1984 -86 Institute of Chemical Physics of USSR Academy of Science, Moscow. Engineer. Research with Prof. N. N. Semenov. Long-time quenching of chains in reaction F2+H2 inhibited by O2. HF products of the laser induced reaction were detected by MS.
2010- Practical works for 2nd semester students " Chemistry for physicists"
2005-currently: Charge de course at EPFL. Lecturing a Master course for the 4th year students: Lasers and their applications in chemistry (28 hours),
1995- currently: Training and guiding PhD (6) and diploma (2) students,
1995-1998 developing and conducting practical work for the 7th semester students;
PatentT. Rizzo, O. Boiarkine, Laser Separation Method Employing Isotopically Selective Collisional Relaxation, US patent # 6,653,587 B1. Accepted: 2003, priority date 1999.
Old publications1. O.V. Boyarkin, S.I. Ionov, V.N. Bagratashvili, "IR spectroscopy and dynamics of strongly vibrationally excited polyatomic molecules: CF3I." Chem.Phys.Letters 146,106 (1988).
2. O.V. Boyarkin, S.I. Ionov, A.A. Kobakhidze, "IR spectroscopy of polyatomic molecules, vibrationally excited above the dissociation threshold: C2F5I, C3F7I and n-C4F9I.", Spectrochimica Acta 46A, 537 (1990).
3. O.V. Boyarkin, S.I. Ionov, A.A. Stuchebrukhov, M.S. Djidjoev, V.N. Bagratashvili, "IR spectrum of vibrationally excited OsO4 in the region of strong nonlinear interaction of vibrational modes.", J. Phys. Chem. 94, 1294 (1990).
4. O.V. Boyarkin, G.A. Kapralova, A.M. Chaikin, "About length of chain in reaction of fluorine and hydrogen.", Khim. Fizika 9, 1375 (1990) (in Russian).
5. O.V. Boyarkin, S.I. Ionov, A.A. Stuchebrukhov, M.S. Djidjoev, V.N. Bagratashvili, "IR spectroscopy of high-lying states of vibrational quasi-continuum of OsO4 molecule.", Khim. Fiz 10, 1155 (1991) (in Russian).
6. O.V. Boyarkin, "Possibility of isotope selective influence by laser radiation on molecules, excited into vibrational quasicontinuum.", Khim. Fizika 11, 1021 (1992) (in Russian).
7. O.V. Boyarkin, V.N. Bagratashvili, C. Angelie "Photodissociation IR spectroscopy of vibrationally highly excited 13CF3I. Influence of isotopic substitution.", J. Phys. B 25, 4487 (1992).
8. O.V. Boyarkin, V.N. Burimov, V.S. Golybev, A.N. Zherihin, V.L. Popkov "Velocity distribution of Yttrium, occuring under laser ablation of YBa2Cu3O7-x target.", Izvestiya Academii Nayk, ser. Fizicheskaya 57, 90 (1993) (in Russian).
9. A. Kholkin, O. Boiarkine, N. Setter "Transient photocurrents in lead zirconate titanate thin films", Appl. Phys. Lett. 72, 130 (1998).
E. Saparbaev; V. Aladinskaia; R. D. Yamaletdinov; A. Y. Pereverzev; O. Boyarkin : Revealing Single-Bond Anomeric Selectivity in Carbohydrate-Protein Interactions; Journal Of Physical Chemistry Letters. 2020-05-07. DOI : 10.1021/acs.jpclett.0c00871.
E. M. Solovyeva; A. Y. Pereverzev; M. V. Gorshkov; O. V. Boyarkin : Ultraviolet Photodissociation of Peptides: New Insight on the Mobile Proton Model; Journal Of Experimental And Theoretical Physics. 2020-04-01. DOI : 10.1134/S1063776120030164.
A. Y. Pereverzev; Z. Koczor-Benda; E. Saparbaev; V. N. Kopysov; E. Rosta et al. : Spectroscopic Evidence for Peptide-Bond-Selective Ultraviolet Photodissociation; The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters. 2020. DOI : 10.1021/acs.jpclett.9b03221.
A. Y. Pereverzev; I. Szabó; V. N. Kopysov; E. Rosta; O. V. Boyarkin : Gas-phase structures reflect the pain-relief potency of enkephalin peptides; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. 2019-09-24. DOI : 10.1039/C9CP04098F.
E. Saparbaev; V. Kopysov; R. Yamaletdinov; A. Y. Pereverzev; O. V. Boyarkin : Interplay of H-Bonds with Aromatics in Isolated Complexes Identifies Isomeric Carbohydrates; Angewandte Chemie-International Edition. 2019-05-27. DOI : 10.1002/anie.201902377.
Enseignement & Phd
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
DoctorantsSaparbayev Erik, Zviagin Andrei,
A dirigé les thèses deGrechko Maxim , Kopysov Vladimir , Nagornova Boyarkine Natalia , Pereverzev Aleksandr ,