Citizenship : Swiss / Venezuelan
Birth date : 30.04.1984
Safe Space Member
Fields of expertise
Tools & Software: ImageJ/Fiji, CellProfiler, Matlab, RStudio, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Jupyter Notebooks,
- Provide Image Analysis Tools and Education to the collaborators of the EPFL Life Sciences section through the BioImaging and Optics Core Facility (BIOP).
- Assist in teaching courses on image formation, image acquisition and image analysis through the BIOP.
- Provide support and advice in the development of meaningful biological experiments where the output relies on image analysis.
- Develop tools and algorithms using open source tools.
- Disseminate SOPs on FAIR data practices.
- Maintain the BIOP's IT infrastructure through software maintenance, backup and acquisition of new equipment ( Website, Servers, GPUs for deep learning, ...)
- Provide support to the greater imaging community through activity on the Image.sc forum.
Combination of Hyaluronan and Lyophilized Progenitor Cell Derivatives: Stabilization of Functional Hydrogel Products for Therapeutic Management of Tendinous Tissue DisordersPharmaceutics. 2021-12-01. DOI : 10.3390/pharmaceutics13122196.
T Cell-Mediated Transport of Polymer Nanoparticles across the Blood-Brain BarrierAdvanced Healthcare Materials. 2020-11-25. DOI : 10.1002/adhm.202001375.
MarrowQuant across Aging and Aplasia: A Digital Pathology Tool for Quantification of Bone Marrow Compartments in Histological Sections2020-11-01. Annual Meeting of the American-Society-for-Bone-and Mineral Research (ASBMR), ELECTR NETWORK, Sep 11-15, 2020. p. 95-95.
An optimized and validated 384-well plate assay to test platelet function in a high-throughput screening formatPlatelets. 2019-01-01. DOI : 10.1080/09537104.2018.1514106.
Automated analysis of single stem cells in microfluidic trapsLab On A Chip. 2012. DOI : 10.1039/c2lc40317j.
A Stochastic Translation Algorithm: The View Of The Ribosome2009
Réception par des psychiatres d'un reportage télévisuel sur la folie2007
Teaching & PhD
MOOC: Image Processing & Analysis for Life Scienti
It is a basic image analysis for life scientists with a non-engineering background. The main goal is to teach how to address and solve scientific questions by state of the art image analysis strategies. It is self-paced and open to everyone!