firstname.lastname@example.org +41 21 693 96 29
Citizenship : Swiss / Venezuelan
Birth date : 30.04.1984
Fields of expertise
Tools & Software: ImageJ/Fiji, CellProfiler, Matlab, RStudio, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Jupyter Notebooks,
- Provide Image Analysis Tools and Education to the collaborators of the EPFL Life Sciences section through the BioImaging and Optics Core Facility (BIOP).
- Assist in teaching courses on image formation, image acquisition and image analysis through the BIOP.
- Provide support and advice in the development of meaningful biological experiments where the output relies on image analysis.
- Develop tools and algorithms using open source tools.
- Disseminate SOPs on FAIR data practices.
- Maintain the BIOP's IT infrastructure through software maintenance, backup and acquisition of new equipment ( Website, Servers, GPUs for deep learning, ...)
- Provide support to the greater imaging community through activity on the Image.sc forum.
Teaching & PhD
MOOC: Image Processing & Analysis for Life Scienti
It is a basic image analysis for life scientists with a non-engineering background. The main goal is to teach how to address and solve scientific questions by state of the art image analysis strategies. It is self-paced and open to everyone!