Teaching & PhD
- Mechanical Engineering
- Doctoral Program in Energy
- Doctoral Program in Microsystems and Microelectronics
- Doctoral program in advanced manufacturing
- Doctoral program in robotics, control, and intelligent systems
- Doctoral Program in Mechanics
PhD StudentsGuenat Eliott Philippe, Iseli Elia, Katuwal Chhetri Suresh, Nakade Tomohiro, Olmedo Ocampo Luis Eric, Picard Cyril, Rosset Kévin, Schmid David, Zakeralhoseini Sajjad,
Past PhD StudentsBättig Philipp Kaspar , Diehl Markus , Mounier Violette , Shalash Karim Magdi Zakaria Abdelrahman , Wagner Patrick Hubert ,
This course introduces kinematic and dynamic effects of complex mechanical systems and introduces the basics for understanding and modeling them. The student will be able to model dynamic effects and select the appropriate models.
Students will be exposed to hands-on design problems throughout the term. They will acquire methodologies to (1) address open ended engineering problems, (2) cultivate creativity, (3) support decision making and (4) develop problem solving abilities.